let's write English

vieras
Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja Pullava:
I am going to stay in a hotel in London. I booked it through net and it cost me around 640 ? for 10 nights for two person so it's a double room. Yes, I feel the hotels in London are expensive. Our hotel is modest but the location is quite a central one and we aren't going to stay in the hotel so much so that's fine for us. But you will really struggle to find budget range hotel in London. I have no experience of B&B, but I have read good reviews about them. I think it's a personal issue, some people like them, some not. But if you wanna take a budget type accommodation, you can always book room with shared bathroom and the price will go down. Our hotel has own private bathroom because I like to have some privacy.
A private bathroom full of mold, that is. Unless you book a room in a very expensive hotel, you'll end up in a dump.

Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja vieras:
I am going to stay in a hotel in London. I booked it through net and it cost me around 640 ? for 10 nights for two person so it's a double room. Yes, I feel the hotels in London are expensive. Our hotel is modest but the location is quite a central one and we aren't going to stay in the hotel so much so that's fine for us. But you will really struggle to find budget range hotel in London. I have no experience of B&B, but I have read good reviews about them. I think it's a personal issue, some people like them, some not. But if you wanna take a budget type accommodation, you can always book room with shared bathroom and the price will go down. Our hotel has own private bathroom because I like to have some privacy.
A private bathroom full of mold, that is. Unless you book a room in a very expensive hotel, you'll end up in a dump.
I don't care so much, it will be only 10 days anyway so if there is mold it's not so big issue afterall. I just want to have an own bathroom so I can wash my teeth and walk to bathroom whenever I want without queing there. =)

I don't care so much, it will be only 10 days anyway so if there is mold it's not so big issue afterall. I just want to have an own bathroom so I can wash my teeth and walk to bathroom whenever I want without queing there. =)
i think theres mold in every bathroom in uk. they use those...mmm...carpets.."fullfloorcarpets" :D and ive seen them climbing up the bathtub. this is something i cannot explain in english. lol. you know, the carpet either goes under the tub or it bends to lean against the tub.

did anyone get what i meant? :LOL: tell me how to write it right?
what is kokolattiamatto in english?

Can I keep going on about Christmas?

After my sister's husband went and killed himself, we had pizza-Christmas for the last time. Now none of us want to see pizza at the Christmas dinner table ever again. Things have gotten more complicated with my sister's family having more places to go since she's got a new man. Her and her three kids are kind of a large part of our family and it's like everyone sort of adapts to whatever their plan is -.- Difficult to make any plans that aren't related to them. It's stupid.

Christmas 2011 will probably be nice - Ev & I will just have come back from our three-month-long stay in India. We'll be nice and tan and freezing our asses of being back in Finland in December after three months in 25-30 celsius...

Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja pähkinäinen:
i think theres mold in every bathroom in uk. they use those...mmm...carpets.."fullfloorcarpets" :D and ive seen them climbing up the bathtub. this is something i cannot explain in english. lol. you know, the carpet either goes under the tub or it bends to lean against the tub.

did anyone get what i meant? :LOL: tell me how to write it right?
what is kokolattiamatto in english?
Carpeting is the right word, or wall-to-wall if you want to distinguish between a rug and wall-to-wall carpets.

Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja äiti 40plusplus:
Matkaoppaiden Terhi puhuu parasta englantia. I understand her simply.
sorry but could you please tell more about that. Have never been watching that programme.
Very simple english. But everyone understand.
ok, that's good. but maybe it's good to speak very simple English with those who can't speak it well. I think in Finland the common knowledge of English language is better than in Turkey or am I completely wrong?

oh my god
Today I have English word test and I really don't remember all the words that I know I should. The words had to pick up from texts and think hard and guess what words to pick up. I really hope that teacher will aks the words that I know. I'm studying to be a nurse, so lexicon is not the usual in everyday language.

tarhuri
We went to London a couple of weeks ago, no carpeting in bathroom in that hotel (Hotel Montana just next to Gloucester Road tubestation, from where you can get Piccadilly Line to Heathrow as well as to very centre of town).

What kind of weather should I expect to be in London in early September? Does it rain often at that time of year and how is the temperature? I am hopingit would at least around 20 degrees warm so I could stay outdoors without jacket. =)

Yhteistyössä