let's write English

There is a discussion going on how well each person feels she can manage with English.
So why not talk a bit also in English here? just to talk, not to try to find all the smallest mistakes and make someone feel miserable not speaking/writing 100 per cent correct English.
Ok. who starts? What would be talk about or just anything that comes to each person't mind?

Mrs. MeToo
What makes me glad about this conversation is that the point is not show off the grammar tricks etc. but just to go ahead and practise English! So refreshing! I hate how shy Finns are to use their English, and usually without a valid reason. Who cares about some mistakes here and there, my Finnish is not perfect either..so why should my English be? :)

Mrs.MeToo
I don't mind talking about christmas, in fact, we're planning to travel abroad which that requires planning ahead..Especially now that we'll be travelling for the first time with a baby. I'm allready a bit nervous about flying with a baby (She'll be around 3months in December). My summer has been relaxing and very hot as I'm pregnant..

Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja Pullava:
I am going to travel to England in 4 weeks time. I will have chance to brush up my English skills. B)
Have you booked a hotel or where will you stay?
Ive been thinkin to travel there again some day, but this time i dont have place to stay like before. Are the hotels expensive? (in london?) Or what about those bed&breakfast places. If i would stay only for a weekend?

Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja Mrs.MeToo:
I don't mind talking about christmas, in fact, we're planning to travel abroad which that requires planning ahead..Especially now that we'll be travelling for the first time with a baby. I'm allready a bit nervous about flying with a baby (She'll be around 3months in December). My summer has been relaxing and very hot as I'm pregnant..
Flying with the baby is actually easy, but when you have a two years old toddler.. hmmm..

Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja pähkinäinen:
I am going to travel to England in 4 weeks time. I will have chance to brush up my English skills. B)
Ive been thinkin to travel there again some day, but this time i dont have place to stay like before. Are the hotels expensive? (in london?) Or what about those bed&breakfast places. If i would stay only for a weekend?
I haven´t never ever stayed in B&B places, but I have heard that they are nice and good.

Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja Rva Luna:
Flying with the baby is actually easy, but when you have a two years old toddler.. hmmm..
i flew to uk when my baby was 3months, then 6months, 1year and 2years. i´d say the hardest time was with 1 year old. we flew with ryan air and the planes are very small and the child didnt have own seat so he had to sit on my lap. and you can imagine 1year old who dont want to sit still even for one minute..and there wasnt any space for me to move when the plane was full and kid on my lap

This is a great idea!! :D I'd love to go to England, I miss it a lot. I lived there for a year, oh, I have such fond memories. MY brother is going abroad for a month, he's going to Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Germany and England. And my sister is planning to go to Australia. I'm so jealous. :D

keyla
i was one time in the plane, then my baby was 1 year old. she was sitting on my öö ..famning. she has a little belt which was catched to my belt. she was so happy when the plane-housewife or somekind of aunt comes and gave a softanimal to her. It is nice memory now.

;-9 am i good in english or ?

I haven´t never ever stayed in B&B places, but I have heard that they are nice and good.
Haven't been at B&B in or big hotels in UK. In London have stayed a couple of times in those small family run hotels. Just a small breakfast room and typical English breakfast, but travelling with kids at least I don't need a noisy disco in the same house.

i flew to uk when my baby was 3months, then 6months, 1year and 2years. i´d say the hardest time was with 1 year old. we flew with ryan air and the planes are very small and the child didnt have own seat so he had to sit on my lap. and you can imagine 1year old who dont want to sit still even for one minute..and there wasnt any space for me to move when the plane was full and kid on my lap
Ouu, I forgot that year totally. We are planning to travel to my husband´s homecountry in january. We will have 3 year, 1 year and I am pregnant... fun...

Mrs.MeToo
I'm counting on the fact that the baby will sleeping during the flights..However, we are planning to spend the christmas in Mexico which means we'll have a looooong trip ahead of us, and if that's not enough we have to change the plane a couple of times. But at the destiny we'll have granparents waiting for us and the Caribbean beaches,I sure hope it's worth the possible troubles of travelling with a baby!

I'm counting on the fact that the baby will sleeping during the flights..However, we are planning to spend the christmas in Mexico which means we'll have a looooong trip ahead of us, and if that's not enough we have to change the plane a couple of times. But at the destiny we'll have granparents waiting for us and the Caribbean beaches,I sure hope it's worth the possible troubles of travelling with a baby!
Oh, it will be. Believe me. And specially when you will see the grandparents facies when they will hold the baby... :heart:

wow. your travelling plans sound just great. =)

bdt
Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja keyla:
i was one time in the plane, then my baby was 1 year old. she was sitting on my öö ..famning. she has a little belt which was catched to my belt. she was so happy when the plane-housewife or somekind of aunt comes and gave a softanimal to her. It is nice memory now.

At least I understood your point. Your child got a toy from the air hostess.Suppose the trip was succesfull as you' ve got nice memories.

Alkuperäinen kirjoittaja keyla:

Nice to notice that I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to write in english :D

I am going to stay in a hotel in London. I booked it through net and it cost me around 640 ? for 10 nights for two person so it's a double room. Yes, I feel the hotels in London are expensive. Our hotel is modest but the location is quite a central one and we aren't going to stay in the hotel so much so that's fine for us. But you will really struggle to find budget range hotel in London. I have no experience of B&B, but I have read good reviews about them. I think it's a personal issue, some people like them, some not. But if you wanna take a budget type accommodation, you can always book room with shared bathroom and the price will go down. Our hotel has own private bathroom because I like to have some privacy.

Yhteistyössä