Aikamoinen puutarha

• Viestiketjun aloittaja vierailija
  • Ensimmäinen viesti
vierailija
Uskoisin että haluaa viettää joulun ja syntymäpäivän perheen ja ystävien kanssa koska sitten eivät näe moneen kuukauteen.
Jos kerran on aina viettänyt joulun, synttärinsä ja serkun synttärit samaan aikaan, niin on selvää, ,että viettää sitä nytkin sukunsa kanssa. Ylipäätään olen ymmärtänyt, että Slovenian ortodoksit ovat aika sukurakasta porukkaa ja joulu on yksi tällainen kokoontuminen. Kun lisää vielä siihen parin suvun jäsenen synttärit, niin kyllähän ne kokoontuvat mummolassa, mikä kai tässä tapauksessa on Bosniassa. Ei sinne oikeasti yksi suomalainen räppääjä sovi.

LadySLO, do you hear what they speak in the video? I'm kinda curious

Ps. Was great to see your comments again here!!
Thank you. :)

Here's what I can make out:

Nace: What a nordic tour, man.... F***!
Check this... I mean K... man!

I can't understand what N says later as B is singing the lyrics over him talking, it's something like, look at the back....

And then

B: Look at him... (when he points at the screen)

vierailija
Jos kerran on aina viettänyt joulun, synttärinsä ja serkun synttärit samaan aikaan, niin on selvää, ,että viettää sitä nytkin sukunsa kanssa. Ylipäätään olen ymmärtänyt, että Slovenian ortodoksit ovat aika sukurakasta porukkaa ja joulu on yksi tällainen kokoontuminen. Kun lisää vielä siihen parin suvun jäsenen synttärit, niin kyllähän ne kokoontuvat mummolassa, mikä kai tässä tapauksessa on Bosniassa. Ei sinne oikeasti yksi suomalainen räppääjä sovi.
Ei kai kukaan ole ajatellut, että Jere sinne joulunviettoon erityisesti menisi? Vaan uudenvuoden ja ortodoksijoulun välissä ja toki siinä voisi juhlia myös Boitsun synttäreitä.

vierailija
Ei kai kukaan ole ajatellut, että Jere sinne joulunviettoon erityisesti menisi? Vaan uudenvuoden ja ortodoksijoulun välissä ja toki siinä voisi juhlia myös Boitsun synttäreitä.
Ei varmaankaan. Miksipä hän sinne perhejouluun suvun / perheen keskelle itsensä ujuttaisi. Sehän olisi ollut ihan sama, jos Bojan olisi tullut Pöyhösten jouluviikonloppuun mökille. Väkeä riittää, eikä kukaan lähtökohtaisesti puhu samaa kieltä (no, englantia tietty).

vierailija

Jo:n uudesta biisistä vielä kun tiedossa jotain odottamatonta. Tässä Jan istuu pianon ääressä kuulokkeet päässä voi toki olla et vaan kuuntelee tai istuu muuten vaan mut voisiko soittaa pianoa tai koskettimia uudessa biisissä eikös hän sitä osannut soittaa kans 👀

vierailija
Thank you.

Here's what I can make out:

Nace: What a nordic tour, man.... F***!
Check this... I mean K... man!

I can't understand what N says later as B is singing the lyrics over him talking, it's something like, look at the back....

And then

B: Look at him... (when he points at the screen)
Thank you! They are a bunch of cute fan boys! Looking at the screen with sparkling eyes and those smiles...so beautiful! 😍

vierailija
Ihan kuin B himmailisi itseään kuvaamisen takia. Sitten vähän päästää irti ja taas hommaa kun tajuaa kuvaamisen.

Mutta voihan se olla, että näyttää vain siltä. Hyvin muuten tuo kohta tuntuu onnistuvan. B ja K äänet sopivat paremmin yhteen kuin olen aiemmin tajunnutkaan
Nyt haluan vaan yhä enemmän collaboration 😭❤ en ehkä selviäisi jos heillä ois joku yhteinen biisi tai edes laulaisivat JOTAIN biisiä yhdessä.

It would be interesting to know what "role" the jokers and bojans had before the Eurovision Song Contest? Has apparently used gender-neutral terms before. Apparently in Slovenia these girlfriends are talked about and asked more than I can't imagine such a thing in Finland anymore. It just feels a little bad if someone receives such comments and can't be themselves completely. Or would this whole K&B pattern also be influenced by culture? Or sometimes I wonder if it would be just as easy in the Balkan region to openly be in something other than a hetero relationship? How many role models are there and such. I don't know if LadySLO has ever answered this before, and if so, you can certainly shed some light on the matter for me
Yeah, we talked about this before but I don't mind.
I'm probably not the best person to answer since I honestly don't watch a lot of TV or follow media that much and especially not interviews and other Slovenian entertainment shows, I usually fast-forward just to any music clips that I like and ofc I try to catch anything JO related but I'll try to answer.
The way I see it, there's a bit of a difference how things are in the media and how it's in real life. In "real life", I know plenty of people in non-hetero relationships and I live in a very small town. Some of them are married and a few have children as well. The laws have improved significantly in the last 10 years or so as well. Do these people have the same lives as hetero couples? Well, probably not, I would say you still have to have a thicker skin to deal with town gossip and crap like that. Kind of like single moms had to a several decades ago.
There is also a transgendered student in the local high school whose dad made a very honest public FB post about this (with the child's consent) and a lot of people reacted really positively and with a lot of support which was great.
When it comes to Celebrities and other "known" people - to my knowledge, there has never been a politician that would publicly disclose that they are not straight. Same within the group of top athletes who are worshiped more than any singers, actors etc. When it comes to entertainers, to my knowledge, Sestre talked about this very openly (the drag queen trio which also participated in ESC years ago) There's a girl rapper Masayah (B shared one of her songs a few weeks back) who has mentioned in the media that she's a lesbian but she just mentioned it casually. There's been a few others, make up artists, fashion designers, Dancers that have been open about their orientation. Then recently that journalist who got fired came to my attention and the guy from the Jerč interview. Oh and that Amaro guy who asked B those stupid sex questions is apparently also openly gay (I never watched his show so I only learned about this recently). I don't recall ever being some kind of big public coming out story with anyone though but of course I might have missed it.

To answer your initial question, JO as you know are super young and if we sort of "delete" the corona period when everything was stuck, they were basically college kids. So of course their audience was very young before ESC and it was mostly female.

I agree that the interviewer should have chosen her words better, especially that part about guys liking him in a different way or something she mumbled, that was so awkward. It's also easy to get confused or forget to be inclusive when speaking in Slovenian. (G used to get in trouble because of this as well) In English you simply say "fans", in Slovenian it can be pozalci (for male) and pozalke (for females), you leave one out, the other gets offended.. even legal contracts have a Disclaimer saying that the text is written only in one form but both are equal blah blah blah...
And if you want to speak in gender-neutral forms, you better have strong coffee first, as verbs, nouns and adjectives are affected by gender... 😅

vierailija
K:han laulaa duettona kaikilla keikoilla ICIPin. Siinä olisi jo selkeä englanninkielinen osuus B:tä varten, joskin kyllähän häneltä suomenkieliset osuudetkin sujuisivat. Ja elleivät suoralta kädeltä suju, tukiopettaja löytyy kyllä lähteltä.
ICIP ei vain ole kovin mielenkiintoinen. Huhhahhei olisi paljon kivempi, eikä se nyt sen vaikeampi ole kuin CCC. :)

vierailija
I'm probably not the best person to answer since I honestly don't watch a lot of TV or follow media that much and especially not interviews and other Slovenian entertainment shows, I usually fast-forward just to any music clips that I like and ofc I try to catch anything JO related but I'll try to answer.
The way I see it, there's a bit of a difference how things are in the media and how it's in real life. In "real life", I know plenty of people in non-hetero relationships and I live in a very small town. Some of them are married and a few have children as well. The laws have improved significantly in the last 10 years or so as well. Do these people have the same lives as hetero couples? Well, probably not, I would say you still have to have a thicker skin to deal with town gossip and crap like that. Kind of like single moms had to a several decades ago.
There is also a transgendered student in the local high school whose dad made a very honest public FB post about this (with the child's consent) and a lot of people reacted really positively and with a lot of support which was great.
When it comes to Celebrities and other "known" people - to my knowledge, there has never been a politician that would publicly disclose that they are not straight. Same within the group of top athletes who are worshiped more than any singers, actors etc. When it comes to entertainers, to my knowledge, Sestre talked about this very openly (the drag queen trio which also participated in ESC years ago) There's a girl rapper Masayah (B shared one of her songs a few weeks back) who has mentioned in the media that she's a lesbian but she just mentioned it casually. There's been a few others, make up artists, fashion designers, Dancers that have been open about their orientation. Then recently that journalist who got fired came to my attention and the guy from the Jerč interview. Oh and that Amaro guy who asked B those stupid sex questions is apparently also openly gay (I never watched his show so I only learned about this recently). I don't recall ever being some kind of big public coming out story with anyone though but of course I might have missed it.

To answer your initial question, JO as you know are super young and if we sort of "delete" the corona period when everything was stuck, they were basically college kids. So of course their audience was very young before ESC and it was mostly female.

I agree that the interviewer should have chosen her words better, especially that part about guys liking him in a different way or something she mumbled, that was so awkward. It's also easy to get confused or forget to be inclusive when speaking in Slovenian. (G used to get in trouble because of this as well) In English you simply say "fans", in Slovenian it can be pozalci (for male) and pozalke (for females), you leave one out, the other gets offended.. even legal contracts have a Disclaimer saying that the text is written only in one form but both are equal blah blah blah...
And if you want to speak in gender-neutral forms, you better have strong coffee first, as verbs, nouns and adjectives are affected by gender...
Thank you for sharing your insights, always interesting to read!

vierailija
Thank you for sharing your insights, always interesting to read!
I agree, thank you. As a high school teacher I couldn't imagine that a parent would publicly announce the gender of their child, since there are several transgender students and teachers in our school and it's not rare. Still, I'm sure they have to put up all kinds of comments. It might be more usual in Finland to belong openly to minority but other students cän make it really hard even today.

I remember reading somewhere that B told he didn't face any discrimination being a child of Serbian parents and there were many similar children in the school, but they were kind of poor. What did he mean by that? I mean, his parents are doctors, so I would imagine, they didn't have any financial problems so maybe he meant his friends in the school. Are children of Serbian heritage usually from poorer families? Are there schools for the rich and for the poor in Slovenia and B's school was for the poor?

I hope, you can interpret what I mean, since my english skills are very limited (not that kind of teacher).

vierailija
I agree, thank you. As a high school teacher I couldn't imagine that a parent would publicly announce the gender of their child, since there are several transgender students and teachers in our school and it's not rare. Still, I'm sure they have to put up all kinds of comments. It might be more usual in Finland to belong openly to minority but other students cän make it really hard even today.

I remember reading somewhere that B told he didn't face any discrimination being a child of Serbian parents and there were many similar children in the school, but they were kind of poor. What did he mean by that? I mean, his parents are doctors, so I would imagine, they didn't have any financial problems so maybe he meant his friends in the school. Are children of Serbian heritage usually from poorer families? Are there schools for the rich and for the poor in Slovenia and B's school was for the poor?

I hope, you can interpret what I mean, since my english skills are very limited (not that kind of teacher).
Your English is very good. :)

• Tykkää
Reactions: LadySLO:)
vierailija

And if you want to speak in gender-neutral forms, you better have strong coffee first, as verbs, nouns and adjectives are affected by gender...
In Finland we have it easy as the whole language is gender neutral. That’s why Käärijä sometimes struggles with he, she, her, him as we only have the word ”hän” for everybody.

vierailija

He meant the other kids with similar backgrounds, he said in that same interview that his family didn't have financial difficulties.

vierailija
K:han laulaa duettona kaikilla keikoilla ICIPin. Siinä olisi jo selkeä englanninkielinen osuus B:tä varten, joskin kyllähän häneltä suomenkieliset osuudetkin sujuisivat. Ja elleivät suoralta kädeltä suju, tukiopettaja löytyy kyllä lähteltä.
Eikö tässä olisi se ongelma, että Tommy mukana biisissä niin ei ehkä toista laulajaa vois ottaa, fanit eri asia?

Yhteistyössä